Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Handmade Christmas - Part 3

These are the handmade things made for my daughter.


The guitar bag was opened on Christmas Eve. My daughter has been taking guitar lessons for 3 years and loves this bag. There is a tutorial for this bag on http://boredandcrafty.wordpress.com/2007/12/31/my-own-guitar-bag-oh-yeah-happy-2008/. The pink is a canvas from Fabricland. I bought it full price (which I almost never do), but only needed .5 metre. The black is broadcloth. The strap is made from webbing and is adjustable. The silver-gray circles are all handsewn. Any one who knows me knows how much I hate to handsew and will try anyway to machine sew. These circles were so small I knew there was no way I could machine sew them. It took about 2 hours to do all of the handsewing, including sewing on the buttons. I would imagine that if I did any handsewing at all it probably would have taken considerably less time to do.

The turtle is from Bend-the-Rules Sewing by Amy Karol. The flower fabric is scrap fabric left over from pj pants. I used the same cordory remnant as I did for the boys' turtles. I also made one of these turtles for my niece.

Last February my daughter chose this yarn for a scarf. I tucked it away and worked on the scarf for about an hour a couple of nights each in September and had it completed by the end of September. It was the first handmade Christmas item that I made for this Christmas.

Still to come - handmade items made by the boys and by the girl for each other. Also the very thoughtful gift made for me.

1 comment:

Rhonda Martin said...

I just love the guitar bag you made it is wonderful~! I just entered your giveaway for whirl into winter and decided to check out your site some more. My sole mate sings and plays guitar and I would like to make one of these for myself in adult colors of course. I think it would be a great conversational piece. I also wanted to say congrats on your first giveaway. I have yet to have one myself. I'm new to blogging and am not sure how to go about having one exactly.Happy New Year!