Saturday, May 16, 2009

Another Charming Handbag


Sunday was my S-I-L's birthday. I made another bag for her this year. This time the Charming Handbag from Amy Karol's Bend the Rules Sewing book. I did cheat and made it at the same time as I made the other Charming Handbag. The fabric is Amy Butler that I got last year and have been saving for a special project. The blue ribbon is some from my stash and the button is from my button jar. I love buttons and this one I think really completed this bag. I don't really like yellow and tried several different buttons, but the yellow really finished this bag off. I almost kept the bag for myself, but then realized if I gave it to my S-I-L I would be finished her gift over a month before her birthday! I love this bag and I think she really loved it too.

No comments: