Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I joined Swap-Bot. I love swaps and really wanted to find more crafty/fabric/button/trim swaps. I've particiapted in a Buttons & Ribbons Swap and in a Charm Squares and Button Swap.



The third swap I did was a Square Pin Cushion. I used the Heather Bailey pattern on All People Quilt. It was pretty easy, except the directions call for you to use a doll maker's needle and pull the trim through the pin cushion with the needle. I couldn't get it to work so tacked the ric rack in place instead. When I sewed on the button I made sure a few stitches went through the ric rack to hold it in place.

I used some fabric scraps I had in my stash and some teeny tiny ric rack I got in a swap. The button is from my button bag. I think this is so cute and my partner's favourite colour is blue. I haven't received my pin cushion yet, but I'll post a picture when I receive it.

1 comment:

Melissa @Lilac Lane said...

I made that pin cushion and had the same problem with pulling the ribbon through! I made my husband use pliars and really yank it. We ended up cutting a little hole in it to get it to work. Definitely a design flaw, I think. It's so cute though.