Friday, June 20, 2008

Summery Apron and Owl Bag

This is the apron I made for my daughter's class play. She was cast as the mom. I love the flip-flop fabric. It's so summery. I knew I would use this apron after I made it for her. The fabrics are both from my stash - leftovers from other long ago projects.


Fnished this owl bag last night when I got home from work. This is from the Bend-the-Rules Sewing book by Amy Karol. The owl fabric I won on an e-bay auction last summer and it's lined with fabric I got from Sew, Mama, Sew. (love that website!) Took less than 2 hours to whip up from selecting fabric to cutting, seamfinishing and completion (with interuptions). I like how it turned out. My daughter is invited to a birthday party today. The birthday girl's favourite colour is purple. Hope she likes it as much as my daughter does.

No comments: