Saturday, January 3, 2009

Handmade Christmas - Part 5

These are the pjs my daughter made for her brothers.

For the youngest.

For the oldest.
The tool fabric was purchased from Joanne's Fabrics. She sewed the pants together on her own, and I did the hem and the elastic casing as she is still nervous about having her stitching showing on the outside of garments. We were running out of time so the shirts were purchased at Wal-Mart and she made a freezer paper stencil to get the hammer and saw shape and used fabric paint to get the image on the shirt. We did the freezer paper stencil on t-shirts for her birthday party last spring and it was a hit with her friends. She kept this idea in mind for Christmas gifts. She did a great job and I think I've convinced her to really take the chance on doing the hemming and elastic casing for the next pair of pj pants she makes.

She also sewed 2 other pairs of pj pants for her cousins, but I forgot to take a picture.