Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Quilted Table Runner

I've been wanting to try quilting for a long time. I finally decided to get my courage up and decided a small project would be best. I found a tutorial for this table runner on the Moda Bakeshop blog. I have a ton of scrap fabric and some fabric squares from a swap and decided to use it rather than buy a charm pack for this. It went together pretty easily. The tutorial tells you can stipple or stitch in the ditch to quilt. I really love the look of stippling and wanted to try it, but I knew I would be better off to stitch in the ditch for my first project. Since I tend to want perfection in my projects I told myself that unless something went really wonky, I was not going to be ripping it out. I stuck to that too, even though the corners of my binding aren't quite right. I really like this table runner and it is on my kitchen table now. My kids have made quite a few comments about how much they like it - which must be true, because we all know how honest kids are.
I found the thick ric-rack at Fabricland and it was on sale for $0.50/metre. I bought lots of it in four different colours. I can 't wait to find other projects to add the ric-rack to. I just love the way it finishes off this project.

No comments: