Monday, August 24, 2009

Another Skirt

I decided I needed another skirt for summer. I knew I wanted an A-line skirt with a zipper (no elastic). So I went shopping for some fabric at a local quilting shop. I found the green patterned fabric and fell in love with it right away. I purchased 1 metre. After looking at the fabric several times over the course of a few days I realized I would want to have a solid strip of fabric at the bottom of my skirt because the brightness was a little much for me. I found some broadcloth and decided to use it. I decided not to buy a pattern and used a few tutorials I found on the web to get a clearer idea of how to go about this (mostly from Sew, Mama, Sew). It came together pretty fast and love this skirt! Please pardon the wrinkles - I had to wear this skirt the next day to work, I loved it that much.


And the best part is I still have some fabric left - not sure what I'll do with it, but I'm sure it will come to me!

No comments: